is it wrong?

I have 2 kids who birthdays are 18 days apart. The last couple of b-days we always got both kids something. The child who wasnt the birthday girl/boy got 1 gift, always under $10 and the birthday child got 4-5 presents, that way neither child felt left out and there was no fighting. But now that my daughter will be turning 4 next month I wonder if I should still keep this tradition going? I want her to feel special on her day but I feel bad if I dont get my son something to. What would you do?

Decker

Asked by Decker at 10:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• I only have one kid so as a mom I can't say. But as a sibling I can say that I never got gifts on my brother's birthday and he never got them on mine. Our birthdays are OUR special days, not to be spoiled. ;-) I think it's a sweet sentiment, though.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My kids are in their 30's now, so it's been a while for me...I think I always had little prizes/party favors for the other 2 along with gifts for the bday child. I can't remember when I stopped it, but somewhere along the line I did. I guess when they were old enough to realize that a bday was special for that person. I know, it's hard to know what to do and there will always be someone who gets heartburn over it. What the heck, do what you want, relax and enjoy and everyone else will too. Did I help, or confuse? lol
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If their birthdays are only 18 days apart why don't you celebrate them together. That way they both get the same amount of presents & you can have 2 small cakes.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I only have one child..here is bump
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My older two were born Feb 21 and Feb 20. I always made sure they each had a separate celebration and only the B-day child got gifts that day. One of my cousins was born on my B-day and sometimes we would celebrate together, with one cake. She would blow out candles first, then they would add 2 more for me. I hated this!
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• lol, you helped. my kids are best friends at the moment so they always share with each other. my daughter will share more than my son though
    Decker

Comment by Decker (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010