Bath TIME!!

my son loves to take a bath, he really likes to turn on the shower! I also started giving him a bar of soap cause he likes to waste the liquid soap... does anyone else give there kid a bar of soap and let them play in the shower??

he is 2 btw
oh and he likes to pee in the shower not the potty??

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's great that you're giving him that indepndance. They have baby bar soap too (maybe your all ready usuing that) if the regular soap starts to cause a problem. My DS is only 9 months but I have read a lot, and I mean A LOT. I read that at about 2 is when kids start to discover their body and it's good to give them independance like that. As long as he's getting clean I see nothing worng with it. Not sure what to do about the pee in the shower except when you catch him tell him that the shower is not for peeing. You can't stop him but you can at least let him know that you're not ok with it.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well as long as he doesnt chew on the soap there is nothing to worry about. But you should teach him, that the soap cost money and you can not waste it like that. Soap is for washing and not playing. Thats what I would tell my child at least.

Same with the pee in the shower. It can happen, but if he does it on purpose and likes it than you need to try to change that. My daughter is 15 months old. Sometimes she pees or poops in the bathtub, but thats because she doesnt really know it any better yet, she cant talk yet to tell me.. we are still on potty training. But your son is 2yrs. already. The shower is not a potty. Id try to teach him that.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my son loves to pee in the tub its the first step to toliet training getting them comfortable going thats a good thing no soap my son got it in his eyes once very bad and he just grabbed it i wouldnt give it to him.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 3:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I get the bar soap that johnson and johnson makes(in baby isle) because they have a sorta cloth thing rapped around it they cant chew on it and it wont slip out o their hands and since it has the cloth on it it suds up easy.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008