HOw do i get my dog to stop chewing the crotch out of every pair or pants or shorts I own?

She chews the crotch out of all my pants and only mine. I do not leave them on the floor, we have tall laundry basket, she knocks it over pulls my pants out and chews them up. I dont know why she does this but i want her to STOP! I dont have money to keep buying clothes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pets

• Well some of the answers are funny but not necessarily the truth.
    Ladies we all have vagina's, our vagina's keep themselves lubricated, Our panties rub against our vagina's for 15 hours at a time.
    They smell like ass and vagina.. even if there is NOTHING WRONG with it - they smell like our bodies and dogs are "interested" in the smells. Ever see dogs sniff each others asses? That's just what dogs do. They make sure you are healthy they thing is appealing to them the odor. etc. (even NORMAL ODORS)

You need to START by putting your clothes where the dog has NO CHANCE at getting to them.
    Then start behaviour training by putting out a pair under controlled circumstances and deterring her from them by
    giving her an OFF command and rewarding her when she listens to you and resists the temptation. Takes time but
    she will learn that its not what she wants to do (chew your clothes)

Good luck
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 9:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would suggest going to the Dr and getting yourself checked out. If you have an odor that your Dog is attracted to then you must have an infection or something going on... JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You have to keep the laundry basket in an area where a door can be closed and the dog can't get to it. If the dog eats your undies, it is your fault. The first time my dog did that,my laundry went into a closet.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's because of the odor in the crotch of your pants.

Definitely move the laundry or keep the door shut to keep the dog out of the room it's in.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

Answer by MrsLeftlane 19 minutes ago
    Credits: 1197 Level
    ***************************
    No. not true. My dog went after evryone's pants. None of us had an infection. They love used kleenex too. Its just a "dog thing".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• no offense, but you have to make sure your clothes don't smell like blood or your cooch. then the dog will stop chewing on your clothes. that's the same reasons sniff people's cooches.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Eww dogs are gross like that.
    They like period for some reason.
    My sister's dog "my nephew" ate a tampon once, eww it came out the other end.
    He always goes through the bathroom garbage and that's what he's after.
    My other sister's dog is the same way. I don't think there's anything you can do about it besides keep your clothes out of reach.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010