My 2 year old is trying to Discipline my 8 month old...

My oldest son will be 2 at the end on next month My 8 month old is starting to craw and pull him self up. Oftin when he pulls himself up My oldest makes him sit down and tells him no. How do i make My odlest relize hes not the mommy?

JenKT

Asked by JenKT at 9:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh hon, I'm having the same problem. Except my oldest is 7 and my youngest is 3. My husband's not around much so I think my son is trying to play Daddy. I don't have any advice. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I can't wait to see what advice you're given. Hopefully it'll help me too!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Dosnt like were going to get help tonight!
    JenKT

Answer by JenKT at 10:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I just keep correcting my oldest(she 4) when she does that to my youngest (she is 1). I even sent her to her room because she spanked her one time! she stopped after she got tired of being in her room all the time. But I stayed on her about who is the mommy and who is the daughter. she no longer does it to her lil sister any more!
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 10:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• first of all, i think you should recognize the positive...your oldest is interested in following rules and is concerned about the well being of your youngest....i think your best bet is to give him specific big brother tasks, like to make sure baby doesnt go near stairs or the stove, etc.....things you would want him to alert you to...this gives him a sense of responsibility, but keeps him from being a tyrant
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• just gently remind him that he's not the boss of his brother and that while you appreciate the help, he's not the mommy or daddy he's the brother. tell him brothers don't get to be bosses. they get to be friends.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2008