Why does my hair feel like this?

Lately, I've noticed that my hair feels kind of weird. Usually after I wash it and use conditioner, it feels smooth. Lately, it feels kind of rough. I switched shampoo and conditioners, but that didn't seem to help. The only other thing I can think of are my vitamins, but I guess I thought those would help my hair.

Journey311

Asked by Journey311 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• here's how you know if it's product or your hair texture:

take a peice of hair out of your scalp.. pull on it.. if it breaks immediately it's damage.. if it still retains about 50% elasticity.. it's build up. also take a clump of hair.. and with your thumb and index finger securly and run your fingers from end to scalp.. if the hair is smooth, it's product build up.. if its slighly rough to really rough its porous and thus slighly to very damaged.

if your hair is slightly and/or very porous or has little to no elasticity you need a protein treatment NOT a clarifying shampoo..

if it's simply product THEN use a clarifying shampoo..
    (although I don't think it is).

also there are ways to help retain healthy hair.. if you find that it's damage to your hair, pm me and we can discuss your daily styling routine so we can discuss proper products to help fix this issue.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• does it feel like build up or actual change in your hair's texture?

if you think it might be build up, try a clarifying shampoo.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would try a good quality shampoo and conditioner, leave the conditioner on for at least 3 mins, take a multi vitamin or make sure you are getting enough of a balanced diet and also try biotin. If you have curly hair, only shampoo every other day but conditioner every day. Worth a shot! Good luck.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Maybe your hair is dry or you should use a differant type of hair product for you hair.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Are you using well water? Well water can affect your hair this way. Are you using products? If so, I would recommend you using a clarifying shampoo once a week. Clarifying shampoo rids your hair of excess product build up, but also of all the dirt and oils in your hair. Since your hair needs oils, you will have to use a good conditioner after using the clarifying shampoo. I always recommend using It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks for the advice. I think I will try a clarifying shampoo. I would say it feels like build up, but it came on all of a sudden so I'm not sure if it's the actual texture. I had a baby earlier this year so I don't know if it's my hormones trying to get back to normal. Who knows.
    Journey311

Comment by Journey311 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I use hot Oil Treatments from Vo5.. they work wonders.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010