I've been TTC for about a year now. We went for all necessary checks, and apart from the normal low sperm count, everything is ok. Except that both of us have very stressful jobs that makes us too sick to work at times. I've since decided to quit in a bid to get my health into good shape. We've also been to see a gynae & he put me on 3 cycles on clomide. Didn't work out.

Just last mth I stopped clomide, and now my period is 17 days late. I took 5 preg test kits on the 1st & 2nd wk (am giving up testing on this 3rd wk), and all was negative. :( Went to the gynae last wkend and he did a scan but saw there's nothing attaching to the side of my uterus. Gave me some pills to take to force my period out but also said that the pills won't harm the baby (if there was even any). Am gonna attempt IUI next.

NatashaKim

Asked by NatashaKim at 11:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Checl this group out. It may help you more. Good Luck

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thanks. :)
    NatashaKim

Comment by NatashaKim (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Did the doctor do a blood pregnancy test before giving the pills to start a period?

How was the clomid monitored? (Usually either a day 21 blood test or an ultrasound)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hi coder chick,
    Nope, no blood pregnancy test was done. But I just took another test today and it turned negative so any drop of doubt I had has dissipated.

Clomid, he would give me, and then give me dates to TTC. But always my period will show up at the end of 30 days but the doc showed optimism when he said at least the period's regulated now and on time!
    NatashaKim

Comment by NatashaKim (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You REALLY need a better doctor. Clomid needs to be monitored! And more than one cycle at the same dose (unless you've confirmed successful and sufficient ovulation) is a COMPLETE waste of time.

Also, I'd HIGHLY recommend you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hi coder chick,

Thanks for the advice. I will read that. Think the ovulation was successful as he would make me come in mid way of cycle to take OPK (but it turned negative at the clinic), and he would ask me to try out for another 2 rounds at home.

I'm contemplating getting a second opinion if the IUI doesn't work out. Am I giving up too soon?
    NatashaKim

Comment by NatashaKim (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010