What do you think of those that ask for free clothes on craigslist?

I've seen it alot now that school is starting. I want to help but it makes me wonder if they are scammers or just lazy.

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 11:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think they must be in need and are unaware that almost cities have clothing banksz )just like food banks) or dont know that they can go to either goodwll salvation army and the likes and ask for a voucher to get clothes at their second hn d stores or they could g to their schools and ask them.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 11:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I tend to donate through freecycle more. Too many ax murderers on craigslist.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have a mountain of kids clothes- I would rather give it to someone who will use it than to a second hand shop that will charge a bunch of money for something they got for free. As long as they have the balls to ask for something for free- I say fine- you can have it!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• didn't know ppl did this on craigslist...it's a shame the world is so screwed up that we have to be so leery of those who may really be in need.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 11:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't look down on them, who in the world am I to judge them? Maybe they just need help, which everyone needs at some point or another. I doubt it's them just being "lazy" and I'm sure it's not easy to go and pick up free clothing form someone....

lovinangels- WHAT?!?!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I NEVER go to Craigs list. ANd I would be really suspicious. It sounds like a scam. Stay away from CraigsList.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I wonder why they have the internet but can't buy clothes for their kids. Also, if you can't take care of the kid, don't make it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i think ask and ye shall recieve. Why waste it if someone is in need of it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You know... I wouldn't have thought anything of it before... people use Craigslist for so many things...
    But I saw a Dateline on this. Some girl posted for free baby clothes on Craigslist. She was kidnapped, beaten and some crazy lady and her boyfriend had intended to steal her baby and kill her. Thankfully she managed to escape.

I think Craigslist is great, but my husband does all of the dealings in broad daylight with me and kids hidden away. Hate to be paranoid... but better safe than sorry. I donate to Salvation Army.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2010