How many children do you think 1 mommy can truly take care of?

How many in your opinion can 1 person give attention to . Attend to each child's daily needs.....physical, emotional, psychological, etc.

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 11:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think Single PARENTS in general have a challenge. It also depends on their personality and patience to handle things. Not all ladies make great moms or have the patience for it and alotta men are very capable of stepping up to the plate and handling the situation.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• That depends on the person. Some get overwhelmed by one child. While others can handle three or more.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would say that that truly depends on the person. I know a mother of 8 and I'm 100% confident that even if her Husband wasnt around, she would still be just fine. Me on the other hand, 3 would be enough.... It really depends on the person.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It depends solely on the woman!!
    I think it may also depend a lil' on the children too.. some kids are easy to care for & "low maintenance", dependent and so on.. while others are difficult, dependent & there isnt enough time in 1 day to care of of their needs! LOL..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It depends on the mother and the children. As others said, some are overwhelmed by 1. :) I know a woman who had 12 kids and was a total role model mom for the rest of us in our group. She was amazing and she often had to do it alone as her husband traveled...not to mention she homeschooled.

It also depends on the children - some are more high maintenance them others. Some have special needs that require more attention from mom.

There is no magic number.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would have to agree on the fact it all depends on the woman and how much she can handle. I know i wouldn't be able to handle like 5 babys all at once but thats me but if they were spilt in age it probly wouldn't be so bad. I belive on how the child act to and how much the mother can handle that one can tell alot on how many more she can take on. For example if you got a child that needs your full attation like a needed child and you have 2-3 more child to watch i say it might be a bit changling. But that to is up to the person. SO if the mom her self belives she can do it i think its possible for a mom to watch or take on as many child as she might want to have.
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 11:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I agree that it depends on the women. I know at least two women who have 8 children each and they are all well behaved and all their needs taken care of. I don't think I could do that with that many.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have 3 and I do. I don't get much of a break though. 90% of the time when I'm on here a kid is in my lap.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with Elly. Some women have no business with one. Others can take great care of a small group and have time and love to spare. It depends more on the woman and not the number of kids.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• oops independent*** on the first 1..
    MommaTasha1003