So what's your plan if

Your whole family is in the living room. You're relaxing together watching a movie when....... A man breaks in swinging a gun...

Then what? Especially when you have multiple children too. Who do you grab? etc...

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 11:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I grab my gun and shoot him ass.

Okay, as funny as that is... I dont have a gun and that would be terrifying!!!! I would grab my kids and shield them with my body..... I would also pray to God that we are all okay and that my Hubby can calm him down OR my pit bulls would attack him before he shoots anyone!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my children and cover them with my body

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• opps!!! I would grab my gun and shoot his ass!! I do know proper english! lol
    AshJoe05

• And that is why we keep our doors locked at all times. ;p

I don't think that is something that you can plan for, so I haven't. I would protect my children at all costs.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well I have floodlights and video cameras so I would likely see him approach. All my doors and windows have bars on them so he could not just break in instantly. I also have sensors that go off when the windows are messed with and opened, as well as a stick that keeps each window from sliding open. It's safe to say my husband would be waiting with a gun for that man if he did get in before the police arrived. I would also be ready as backup. Hopefully though the police would be able to get there in time before he ever got in.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't plan for it. My big dog (Boss is over 50 pounds now, has a big dislike for men she doesn't know) would bark like crazy before he was even on the porch. She lets us know when someone is near the yard or pulls in the driveway we share with the neighbors. And if they got in she would tear them apart! Of course, I would protect my kid at all cost and use Boss as a distraction to get Kyra away from there.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Can't even answer this because I know that if this ever happaned no matter how hard I tried to get my boys out of the room they would never leave my side.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My kids and I have practiced this actually. My oldest grabs my son and her and middle dd ran to the room close and lock the door , call 911 and hides in the laundry basket. I distract the asshole and fight him till help arrives. I will not drop peiod until help arrives I am the only thing besides my dog standing between him and my babies. If dh is home it will be easier. The gun is no problem my dog is trained to disarm any weapon. So honestly the dick is fucked if he comes in my house. No if dh is home I grab all the kids and run out for security. You don't have to choose I can carry a 1,3, and 5yr old no problem.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My dogs would get him before I had to do anything. But if I had to I would try talking to the guy as I sheild my babies.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't really think this is something you can plan for. Luckily, we live in an area where this really isn't a worry... There hasn't been a violent break-in in our area in over 25 years.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2010