anyone have problems pooping after childbirth

i had a baby 2 weeks ago. complication free, pretty quick labor, she was out in 5 pushes. pretty ideal birth, anyway ever since i feel like my intestines have weakened. i have the hardest time pushing out the softest stools. when i push i feel this sharp pain in my stomach and have some pain in my lower back as well. it feels like my intestines just stopped working and aren't contracting when it's time to poop. anyone else get this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• I had similar problems, but not the same. It went away after about a month, but if you're really concerned about it, call your doc.
    newrose08

Answer by newrose08 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I know I had problems after birth, but it was pretty cleared up by the 2 week check-up. Are you doing Kegel exercises to strengthen up the muscles again? Has your doctor recommended taking a stool softener? I was on those for a couple weeks after birth, which might be why I didn't have any issues after a certain time.

Call your doctor and let them know about this and see what they recommend. Good luck mama!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• congrats!
    call ur doctor
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2010