Be glad this isn't ypur boyfriend

Worst date ever: Boyfriend bails as foul ball hits girlfriend

Many women would do anything for a boyfriend who likes to dance.

But as one woman unfortunately learned on Monday, a man who decides to do the Texas two-step and electric slide away from your side as a foul ball screams toward you into the stands is far from a dream date.

In one of the funnier foul ball mishaps I've seen, a woman named Sarah was struck with a foul ball at the Houston Astros game after her male companion named Bo ducked out of the way.
As most of the blogosphere is noting this morning, chivalry is officially dead.

After all, if a man can't abide by the simplest rule of a baseball date — don't let your company get hit by a foul ball — what hope can women hold for things like flagging down the beer vendor or having their scorecard kept when they head to the ladies room?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• I saw this on the news and thought it was lame...

Why wasn't she able to get out of the way herself? This poor guy is completely publically humiliated because why... she can't duck or "dance" herself???
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think she needs to learn how to catch her own foul balls and not rely on a guy to take care of her. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There would not be a second date for me!
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• On the bright side, Sarah's only injury was a bruise and Bo's strict interpretation of the term "dodgeball" earned the couple a lighthearted moment in the spotlight. Sarah later told the Astros television reporter that she, unlike her boyfriend, saw it coming:
    "As soon as we got here and I saw where we were sitting, I said 'Baby, I'm going to get hit," Sarah said. "He said, 'No, you won't. I'll catch it if you do.' We just had this conversation and sure enough, the ball comes at me. He just bailed."

So what was Bo's excuse for his comedic act of temporary cowardice? Well, he claimed to have lost Chris Johnson's(notes) drive in the lights at Minute Maid Park.
    Of course he lost it in the lights. Here's hoping that the couple stopped at a sporting goods store for some eyeblack. You know, just after their postgame trip to the florist.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Worst-date-ever-Boyfriend-bails-as-
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I saw the video-looks funny what he did-she was hit on the elbow.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Didn't see it, but I bet his buddies are sure giving him a good laugh about that one. Poor baby, next time, if ever there is one, maybe he should duck and she can catch it and show him how it's done.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010