teething??

when does teething normally start and how can you tell?
i have a 2 month old who is getting deep white lines on his gums is very cranky wont sleep much (he is normally a good nap taker) is crying a lot spitting up a lot and keeps putting his hands in and around his mouth. also i think he may have thrown up this morning my mom suggested he might be teething it just seems real early to me please help?!

Autumnleaves09

Asked by Autumnleaves09 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our daughter started to get those deep white lines when she was 3months or so old. but it took 2 more months until the first tooth came out.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• its common, granted, my nephew was born with his first tooth just barely under the gum, but it took til he was two to cut thru. My son has two teeth buds on his lower jaw, he's been drooling for a while, but he's ped said not to worry that he wasnt teething, but that his body was gearing up for it. On your babies next visit, ask the Ped, he might suggest something teething tablets.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Typicaly teething starts between 5-7 months. There are some kids that start early (around 3 months) and some late (sometimes after their fist birthday) My son at 4 months had a big white bilge in the back of his mouth, lookes like a tooth to me, and was very cranky. By his 4 month check up (2 days later) I told the doctor about it and he looked at me like I was crazy and I insisted he look in his mouth. Of course, the bump was no londer there. He said sometimes they can start to some down and then go back up, and my son didn't end up cutting his first one until he was 6 months and then it was no where near where I say the buldge. I found this awsome web site though to help you expect where and when to see the teeth.
    http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/baby/teeth/order_appearance_teeth.asp
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I don't know if he's teething or not but My son was a happy baby and got cranky and had a hard time sleeping when he started tething. We just saw the first tooth two weeks ago and he's was 5 months! Drooling is a big sign! and wanting to chew on everything insite. Rub his gums. If that's what's bothering him, he'll like it when you do. I found a homeopathic teething gel that works well for him. i put it on a chew tow and let him have at it, or just put a bit on my finger and rub his gums! At night is when it gets the worst!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 1:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my first son got is first tooth at 3 months its ok hardly ever but it dose happen babys are born with teeth so dont stress to much oral gel helps my kids you could try that and for the tummy aches that come with a lil warm water and a small peace of peppermint in a bottle usually dose the trick
    mamaof317

Answer by mamaof317 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i have a two month old daughter right now and she is teething. and it sounds like your little one is too!
    IloveLyssie

Answer by IloveLyssie at 4:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008