Benadryl and the Third Trimester

I constantly have stuff in my chest at night and benadryl seems to help loosen it up and helps me sleep. The dr had said that benadryl was safe after the first trimester, but I'm wondering how often I'm allowed to take it a week. Right now I take it at the most once a week. I'll ask my dr, but if anyone has any experience with this, that'd be awesome if you gave me your input.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have no experience w/ it. but i did know a lady that took it a few days before she had her little girl, and she had a hard time bfing bc her milk didn't come in. she had to work to get a supply
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My midwife told me to take benedryl to help me relax enough to sleep (it didn't work because I really was in labor, but she didn't think so, just the fake stuff b/c It was 2 weeks before I was due), but it didn't have any effect on the milk that I produced, and I had my daughter not even a full 24 hours after I took 2 capsules, I don't think it is a horrible thing, but wouldn't take it if you didn't need to. I hope this helps you!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010