I feel like a bad mommy....

I've been beating on my kids the past 24 hours.... Okay not seriously, but here's what happen

Yesterday after my kids nap (3ish) both were upset to be up and both my 2 yr old and 1 yr old wanted to be held. I pick up my 1 yr old andpick up my two year old. As I go through the doorway my 1 yr old throws himself back whacking his head on the frame. I'm trying to put my 2 year old down carefully so I can comfort my now screaming 1 yr old but my 2 yr old slips and falls down to the ground. Then the very next day in the morning my 1 yr old is pulling himself up on the entertainment center in the playroom and he slips and smacks he's nose on the edge causing a bloody nose. Something else happen to him the night before but I can't think of it right now. I feel so horrible both children got hurt with me right there. I'm suppose to protect them. Both are alright and my sons nose stop bleeding after 3 minutes.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Heck if that was the case then I am a really bad mom lol both my boys had to have stitch when they were around 2 years old. They are kids they will get hurt. We just have to make sure and comfort them :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sounds like you've had a tough couple of days..it's so hard seeing your kids hurt..You do your best and boo boo's happen. This in no way shape or form makes you a bad mom...If that's truly the case, my kids should belong to the Government by now:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This happens, mama. Children slip, they fall, they get bruised, they get back up and go running off to do it all over again. As a mama, you do the best you can and hope it's good enough. Don't beat yourself up for this. They'll be fine. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Acctedents will happen and i know i feel bad when things like that happen and all you can do is if you end up causing it say sorry and confert them and if they just doing just because they are a kid and are going to get into things then you still do what you can to make them feel better. I know when my little one was like around walking age and climbing everything she got a hold of my glass vace and it broke on the floor and i didn;t relise she had sharp peace of glass in her hand i just wanted to get it out of her hand before she put it in her month. Well i pulled it away to fast and cut her finger with it. it was my mistake i should have been more carefull but i didn't want her to put it in her month either. There are more times then that were i felt i am a bad mom cause of stuiped things that happen but hey it happens and kids are going to get there bumps and burses too just like we did when we were little.
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 11:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Seriously, kids are going to have spills whether you're right there or not. It's inevitable. It's not easy, but they're bound to slip and fall, bruise something, break something, etc. They're going to be kids. We just have to make sure they know what's appropriate to climb and what's not, how to get up and down from things, etc. Just talk with then when they calm down about the right and wrong of what they did. If it was an accident, just comfort them and ask them to be more careful. You're not a bad mom. It happens to us all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• hey it happens. when my middle girl was two shw ran into a bookcase and got a huge knot on her forhead. but she also tried to roll of the table while getting her six month check up. she did cartwheels down the steps and landed on her feet 90% of the time. she climbed onto the back of the couch and jumped. most of the time she did something someone was there. trust me kids are dare devils. i heard boys are worse then girls, all i have are girls.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Kids will be kids. Seriously though, let your two yr old walk, it won't hurt him. I don't know if your 1 yr old is walking yet, but holding both kids and walking through a doorway, I bet they were wiggling around too, but it was just asking for trouble. Also, don't let them climb on anything, the entertainment center could have fell on the child. I would definitely tell him not to climb on that.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010