At what age do little boys start self exploring?

how do it deal with it?

magi_29

Asked by magi_29 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Birth! Seriously as soon as they can reach there and feel that it feels good they'll keep going back. I would gently move their hands out of the way during diaper changes so I could put the new diaper on and to keep their hands out of any messes. As they got older (I have 12, 7 and 4 yo ds's) we would tell them that it's fine to do that, we know that it feels good, but that it's something that is private and they should only do it in their bedroom or the bathroom (or somewhere private). At a young age it's not sexual, it's just physical. It's like scratching an itch or massaging a sore muscle. They don't know it has a sexual function or connotation, it's just something that feels good.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have nothing new to add, I just wanted to say that canadianmom1974 has an amazing answer and I plan to steal it when my son is old enough to need the advice. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I also agree with canadianmom1974 answer! Oh the stories I could tell lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have a 3 year old boy, and honestly he hasnt done much down there lol, ive been lucky but it might be because he is autistic
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 2:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• just like ooh, what is this, i would say 2, but as far as serious exploring, 12...maybe?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010