I'm gonna blowup

I'm about ready to knock my kids heads into the ground,my kids call each other,whores,and bitches,the A word,and they throw the f-bomb to each other. Now I take them to church, teach them right and wrong and what to do when someone does something they don't like, and I've taken away their computers because of how they treat each other. I give them an allowance,should I take that away too? My kids talk disrespectfully to,my 9 yr old son called his own dad a jack ass. He got smacked for that one. I dont want to resort to violence. We both work all day I can't imagine what goes on were gone. How do I change my kids behavior?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Who's watching them while you are away!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm not sure where they would have learned that in the first place. However, it's like training anything, assertiveness. unfortunately they are old enough and already know better, they just don't care because it's something they do and no one has said much about it. You are treating them good for poor behaviors, that's like saying if you do the dishes i'll give you $5, when in reality they should respectfully do that, it's bribing them, but in your case you are saying I love you no matter what you do or how you act. right now you are hurting them more than yourself, what will happen when they move out and get jobs? What boss will tolerate that behavior, let alone their school. i hope it helped!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• As a mom that would break my heart. I would sit them down and say that what they are doing is abusive and it will not be tolerated in your home. Their home should be like a safe zone where people are treated with respect. There has to be consequences for this behavior and it has to be consistant if its going to work. I agree that physical punishment isnt the answer there are so many other creative ways to get your point across. My kids hate writing sentences over and over again like I will treat my siblings with respect then have them write out the definition of respect. If they chose not to do it which has never happened they would go to their room and be grounded and lose all privledges like going anywhere, computer, money. Life would be no fun until they complied. Have them all sit in a room when they arent fighting and name a few things they like or admire about each member of the family. One good book I would recome
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• is steven covey the seven secrets of highly effective families. Do you all spend time doing stuff together as a family?
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Wash their mouths out with soap? I know to this day we do not cuss in front of my mom cause she will snatch us up fast and wash our mouths out :) then again the old ways of doing things are bad and of course cause your(general) children to be dysfunctional. Heck look how dysfunctional I am :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• They've learned it from somewhere. If they don't hear it from you and your husband, you seriously need to figure it out and quick. Whoever is teaching them this, needs to be called on it. It's going to take time to get them to stop. Try rewards if you are able. Depending on the ages of all of them, the older they are it will be harder to break them of it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Someone needs to quit there job and be at home, this is why they are becoming like this.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 2:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Take away everything in their rooms except for a mattress & pillow and clothes enough for the week. Even the door. They can earn back all the things that used to be there by being good listeners who obey mom & dad, who treat each other & others respectfully, by not acting out with ugly words & violence.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 11:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010