• In the Spotlight:

irregular period issue and need support :) let me know how you knew you were pregnant and not just late.

I have an irregular period. It's never too much more that 28 days but my period is usually 30-35 days inbetween sometimes more or less.. I think i'm pregnant, but I've tested negetive about 3 days ago when i was at 30 days since my last period. I realize that I could be late, but for the last week and a half I've had been so warm like i had a fever, nausious, occasional cramping but more like a quick sharp pain in my back and lower abdomin. i feel convince that i am, becuase of how weird i feel. My breasts don't look any different though. Is there anyone with an irregular period thats been through this and just didn't know and obsessed at the idea of maybe being pregnant but too early to tell? haha... let me know.

heidi0817

Asked by heidi0817 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I am going thru what you are exactly going thru right now...I took a test on Thursday and it was negative....I am gonna retest next week and make sure...I have been tracking my periods for 2-3 months now and they were coming like clock work until now...but typically they are not on time and never really were until I was on BC....Good Luck to you! Sorry I cant really help tho...did u call ur doctor?? Maybe they can do a ultrasound and you can have a better piece of mind.....
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I'm not sure what to tell you. I had two kids when I was young, got pregnant right away had normal periods, not 7 years later.. my period are super irregular. I can have two in a month or go a month without one and then they usually last about 9 days.. it sucks. now I just got remarried and we have been trying since August and no go so far, I'm in the same boat as you.. the doctor said it usually takes 6 months or more for a normal women to concieve. How long have you been trying?
    NicoleMarie02

Answer by NicoleMarie02 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i didn't really have irregular periods when i got pregnant, but one way that i DEFINITELY knew i was pregnant was by how sore my breasts were! that and the feeling that my uterus was tightening were red flags!
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 3:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i have irregular periods, and its making the whole process hell. I have thought i was preggo so many times, but for me its in my head. I start looking for signs so i start feeling them. I can go months without a period, and the doc just says that im not ovulating. It almost feels like I have hit menopause at 22
    fcangel9

Answer by fcangel9 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Go to your doctor and get a quantative hcg blood test. Ask for Provera if you're not pregnant. Provera helps bring your period on. Talk with your doctor about getting a prescription for Clomid which you take about 10-17 days after the bleeding subsides.

It's sounds like you may have PCOS(Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) It can cause irregular periods, weight gain, hair growing it places it shouldn't, etc.

If you Dr. isn't cooperative with these suggestions...get a different doctor.

Best wishes!
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 11:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Irregular periods make conceiving difficult. Go to your doctor and they can give you clomid to regulate your period
    debyduz

Answer by debyduz at 1:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008