IS it time to move on ?????

Me and the hubby have been having problems. LIke all we do is argue. I love him to death, but I wonder if maybe its time to move on. We been married for almost four years, and these last couple of months have been the worst. Like juss now he said all i cared about ws money. And ladies I assure you that I dont. Im walking around with holes in my underwear and clothes that are to small. because I know what our situation is. But according to him thats what I care about. what should i do

earthangel4370

Asked by earthangel4370 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe try marriage counseling?
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If I were in shoes.

My first thoughts would be.. Is he stressed out about money? Are things tight? Are they tighter than I may know? Are there issues at work I don't know about? I would be thinking along those line. For money to be what my husband is complaining about when he's angry, that usually means he stressed about it. And he isn't sharing it with me. So we would have to talk about that.

If that wasn't the case. I would then figure that there was actually something else wrong with him &/or with us. And he wasn't or wasn't able to communicate with me about it. Money and being upset about money is an easy target. It's easy to be angry, complain and fight over money. He would be able to get out his angst and anger, without ever really discussing what the real problem was. Bad thing about this, is that it keeps the real problem from being solved, so this type of fighting would continue.

Communication is key.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I argue with my husband ALL of the time. I'm sure there is an underlying reason for your arguing. I feel that maybe it's a lack of communications, although some people argue and fight b/c they have another person in their life or possibly that they just want out and this will give them a good reason. Being angry is a way to get rid of someones sadness, frustration, maybe he is the one that is worried about the money and he is just directing it towards you. What is stressing him out that is making it all come out on you. I would say if you can't work it out by yourself try counseling, some pastor's will consult you for free, I would look around and if that doesn't work then it probably won't work out and the happier you both will be apart, just don't kill yourself trying to make it all better.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The top things couples fight about #1 Money #2 Kids.

You are normal. Times are tough right now and more people are fighting about money than ever. Go over your bills with your husband, make a budget and see if there is anything you can elimiate or reduce. I manage the bills in our house so I stress more about money than my DH. I called all of my utilities to re-negotiate cable, cell phone, trash; changed gyms and auto insurance to save us about $250/month. My husband now spends less on frivolous things and I have cut back my grocery shopping habits and eating out at work. If you are a team in this it will be easier.

The other thing is LAUGH with your husband. Stop fighting... you may not have $, but you have love. My husband and I joke now about money. Anything we want/need but can't afford is "on the list". Un-holey undies "on the list...lol!" Keeping your sense of humor helps.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Tell him simply, that it's not about the money, and then show him your clothes. Financial problems can cause relationship problems. We've all been there. I am in that situation too.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh he'll no! My husband said he same thing that I was materialistic and I went off on him! If I were you get Mexican on his ass! Lol I'd show him the undies and the holes and I'd as now if I was usen you for ir money don't you think i'd buy proper undies! Quit being a dick and start taken care of me! Lol don't leave him though set out ur problems and tell him eveyrthing about how you feel and if he dosent straten out then I'd say seperaite! Lol
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 1:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• give ur r/ship sm time.Its just a phase that 'll soon pass
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• For richer or poorer, right? There were plenty of times I thought of leaving my husband for issues similar to yours. If you can make it through, you will be stronger in the end! We've been married 9 years and going strong!
    Baladi

Answer by Baladi at 2:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thanx for your answers girls
    earthangel4370

Comment by earthangel4370 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010