Does your teen use/have a zit routine/cream that works for them & is easy to use/apply?

My 14yr old son has used those Stridex pads, clean-and-clear acne cream, and from time to time, a zit mask. None of them seem to be working for him, and he doesn't want anything that requires a lot of work/time to put on. So I'm thinking of getting him some Proactiv to try out, but then there's a few others (like SkinID) that's out also so I'm not sure which to get. Has your teen tried a zit cream/routine/Rx and what has (or hasn't) worked for them so far?

VexAzn

Asked by VexAzn at 12:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• message cafemom Rkoloms for her routine. It's amazing, and very natural, and works really well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• if you're gonna try a system, I recommend Skin ID.
    I use it and love it!

Proactive didn't do anything for me
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My youngest tried Proactive. It didn't work very well and was very expensive. We found the Clearskin line from Avon worked amazingly well for him.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I use Acne Free. It's less than half the cost of Proactive and works great! You can find it in most stores. http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Acne/Clear-Skin-System/ID=prod1181996-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku1181986
    Baladi

Answer by Baladi at 2:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my daughter tried everything through high school and nothing worked so in college her roommate told her to put white tooth paste on the pimples and let dry over night then wash with an acne wash.....cleared her face right up!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son uses soap and water and a cream he got from the doctor. He can't use any acne meds when he uses the cream. The cream clears his face up in a day or 2.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My little brother (who is 15) and I both use Skinplicity. There's a acne regimen for adolescent guy's that your son could try! We both swear by it.
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my son used Proactive and it works when he uses it.. but it is pricey... i want a routine for my daughter too i think i am gonna try what rkolms suggested..
    SHELL28

Answer by SHELL28 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• dermatolagest find out what kind it is first
    whitedove34

Answer by whitedove34 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010