Have you told your partner about all of your past relationships? Will you ever?

Will you ever? If no, do you think that it would have a negative influence on your relationship?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have both talk of each other's past relationship's... we have no secrets
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We were teens when we got together, and friends before a couple. He knows EVERYTHING. Including my "dirty little secrets".
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I originally told him that I slept with 10 guys. After 8 years of marriage I got mad one day for some reason and decided to take revenge on him by throwing the truth into his face and told him that I really slept with 35-40 guys before I met him. Not sure, I lost the count. He didn't blink an eye. He said it doesn't matter what was in the past. I didn't notice any negative change in his behavior towards me and he didn't bring it up since. Guess we're ok, glad to get it out there.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 12:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes, we had the convo at the beginning of our relationship 4 years ago (we've been married 2). It's never caused any problems for us (even with his number being like 3 times as high as mine, lol) and don't think it will. Our past relationships shape who we are today, but they're in the past for a reason!
    SweetiePeasMama

Answer by SweetiePeasMama at 12:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yea i only had one other relationship
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 12:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Over the span of our 25 year marriage. My husband has never asked about my past relationships, and I have never asked about his.

I don't know his reasons for never inquiring.. But my reasons are this. That's his past, and has nothing to do with us and our present. So there's no need for me to know about them. And I've just never really been curious about them.

If he were to ever ask. I'd be totally honest with him when answering his questions. I have nothing to hide when it comes to my past.

Whether or not sharing that type of information is a negative or a positive in a relationship. Totally depends on the people in that relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my boyfriend knows basically everything about me.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No secrets here.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes! If your serious about your relationship, both of you need to lay everything out on the table. Whats the point of getting serious with someone if your not being honest? You should exspect nothing less but the truth from your partner in return. Best wishes from Renee'
    Renee132

Answer by Renee132 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i belive that if im spendin the reat of my life w/ someone i should kno everythin bout him, as same 4 me. So we kno everything bout each other. no secrets. no it hasnt caused any problems. but also wen someone brings up a past relationship of his or mine, we already kno bout it, n thiers no questions bout things.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 2:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2010