VBAC ...?

Does anyone have any good information on having a VBAC after two C-Sections? I have always wanted a natural birth but with my first two (oct 07 and dec 09) I couldn't birth naturally =( My first I was two weeks overdue and had to be induced.. after 18 hours of natural labor and pitocin I required a CS because my son's head got stuck. With my second son I went a week overdue and my doctor was very uncomfortable with me getting too much overdue again and the baby being too large for a VBAC. I am not pgt right now, just curious because I would like more. Is this possible? Anyone who has done this?? Also do you think it'd be less stressful on the body for a VBAC in water? What are your thoughts?

Mrs.Robey_4ever

Asked by Mrs.Robey_4ever at 12:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry, I don't have any experience with this but I was part of the Natural Childbirth group on CM and I know a few ladies in that group that are also members of the VBAC group and couple of them had a natural birth after 2 c-sections. I hate to chime in when I have no real answer, I just wanted to give you a direction in case no one helpful answers the post.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 12:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Way less stressful, for sure!

Check out ican.org (I believe that is the site) its full of vbac information :)
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would have loved to do a VBAC., after my first was an emergency c-section. At my 6 week check my Dr. ordered an xray of my pelvis right. Lots of different factoprs come in to play with c-sections. One thing will make all the difference in the world...the shape of your pelvis. We learned I have an 'android' pelvis. It basically means the inner portion is shaped more like a guys pelvis. There was no way a full term baby was ever going to pass through. Start with ruling out the simple things first. Why go through $$$$$ worth of tests to find out later one $130 xray held the clue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I had 2 c-sections and then had a vbac but unfortunately it was some time ago. (89) and it was ok and never hd any problems but 2 yr ago when my niece was trying to have a vbac she ran into difficulties finding someone I believe she had one thogh.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 12:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have a whole bunch of info about this subject...
    And I birthed my children in the water (never a cesarean so no VBACs, though).
    You can peruse my Journals-- best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It can DEFINITELY be done!! You need to find the right provider, because some won't do it (even though the risks of surgery are higher than the risks associated with VBA2C). A water birth is a wonderful option that many women enjoy, and it might help you deal witht he pain of labor and delivery. I say go for it! I know I plan to go for a VBAC next time around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I second the ICAN suggestion. It's a great resource for learning about VBAC.

The ACOG just changed their guidelines to state that VBAC is safer than a repeat c/s, even if you've had 2 previous c/s.

http://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr07-21-10-1.cfm

That said it can still be very difficult to find a hospital that will allow it. You need to find a care provider that truly believes in your body, not one that will "let you try". Midwives are normally very supportive and can attend you wherever you want to birth, hospital, birth center, or home.

I think this article would be a good one for you to read.

http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/pelvis.asp

Good luck on your journey : )
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm sure there are probably a lot of excellant books written on the subject. Visit your local library or bookstore.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010