What is the best shampoo & conditioner for fine hair w/ a little dandruff & the best for little girls w/ long hair?

I am tired of my hair always feeling dry & kind of coarse when I wash it. Ive been using Head & Shoulders (smooth & silky..it sucks). My hair is fine & I have an issue w/ dandruff; its also very...flat & lifeless w/ no body. What is a good shampoo & conditioner?

And my girls (3 & 5) both have long hair, but not as thin as mine. I think they may have dandruff also (just from looking at their scalps) what is a good shampoo & conditioner for them?

eblstanford

Asked by eblstanford at 12:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I had the same problem I use a clarifying shampoo and it worked just make sure you have a good conditioner.
    Liz003

Answer by Liz003 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• head n shoulders. it's mild, gets rid of dandruff, it's very good for your hair and scalp
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Use a clarifying shampoo... Pantene Pro V is what I use. But I dont have flat hair or dandruf. But they do have stuff for volume & what not.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I use head and shoulder and it works great.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• one.. ditch the head and  shoulders   TAR.. you are just making the issue worse.  If you have actual dandruff (pityriasis) you need to seek a doctor.  It's a medical condition caused by a fungus called malassezia..

and judging by your description it sounds like pityriasis capitis simplex and a doctor can prescribe a good anti dandruff treatment for you.

if it's  more dry skin due to your scalp not producing enough sebum (which head and shoulders would DEFINITELY have made worse).. there are several things you can do:

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 1: use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.. (I personally love joico k-pac, but any brand with keratin/protien/biotin/amino acids, etc, is good)..

2: be sure you are using them correctly: massage shampoo into hand, then into the scalp.. be sure to massage to ensure better circulation to the follicle, thus helping to produce more sebum. don't massage it into the ends of the hair, the rinsing of it will push the shampoo down through the rest of the hair and the surfactants will do the job for you. Use the conditioner on the ends of the hair (about a dime size for fine and thin hair to a quarter size for thicker coarser hair)

3: try a protein and scalp treatment (if results help scalp, get scalp/protein treatment about once or twice a month)

4: be sure to use all hair products properly.. (if you'd like to list the products you use, and/or how you style your hair, I can make further recommendations).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 5: be sure to use all tools properly

(any questions about anything above I've mentioned, feel free to PM me).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010