really weird question

...my daughter, who is 1, is obsessed with nipples. she tries to touch her dad's and if i have my bra on, she like tries to go under it to touch mine. is that normal? i breastfed, but that stopped at 4 months so i'm confused. we tell her no and redirect her attention, but she doesn't stop lol this is so weird.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babies are weird.. they dont know any better, what we find different, they find totally fascinating. I would keep telling her no, and good luck, cause she is still gonna do it.. or maybe you could show her her's. Babies are explorers, they want to touch and see, its how they try and understand the world. I dont think there is anything wrong with it.. she's just fascinated with something she doesnt have. She also might be comparing, dads dont work like moms do, or different.. Good luck
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think that is fairly normal. Trying to explore the anatomy. :)
    Just be thankful it hasn't been anyone else .. yet. :P
    GoMummy

Answer by GoMummy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my son is almost two and dose the same thing i was told by my parents its normal and not to really get mad at him for it he is just noticing something different try showing her hers and maybe she will leave yours alone lol sorry dont really know what to say but i guess its normal cause she aint the only kid doing it
    mamaof317

Answer by mamaof317 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My one year old likes nipples and just discovered her belly button and private parts. After she discovered hers she found mine while I was washing my hair in the shower. My first reaction was to move her and redirect her attention. But I wonder if that was right. She is exploring her body and noticing similarities in mine. Thats it. Nothing dirty or sexual. I also want her to have a healthy body imagine and I think it starts now. As mothers, I think it is important to support healthy body images.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It's normal and just about as average as her picking stuff up off the floor to eat it. No worries momma it'll pass.......Just imagine when you teach her the words and she's two in WallyWorld telling you and whoever is earshot she has boobies! (LOUDLY) True story!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008