why do i let her walk all over me?

okay so i take care of my kids, my sisters kids and my sisters sister in law kids. all together i have 7 with the ages being 1yr to 11yr old. now they all dont stay with me everyday, but i would say 4 out of 7 days i have them. so i text my sis in law to see if her TWO were coming in the am. she text back yes oh and her stepdaughter (11yrs old) too. what really got me was she didnt even ask. she just assumed it was fine. i get that her step daughter hangs out with my sisters kids. (who r not going to be here in the am) they r the same age. but she is hardly ever over at my house. so it just bugs me that she didnt ask and of course i didnt say anything cause i am a sucka. but she should have asked, right?

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It's definitely time to kick that sh*t to the curb. I'm sorry, but I couldn't sit back and be used like that. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• She shouldve,and your not a sucka momma,you just need to put your foot down! =]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think it would have been the nice thing to do. But she probably didnt think about it like that. Do you watch the kids like babysitting for money or just to help out? But she should have at least txted, yes is it ok if step daughter comes to....but i doubt you would have said no huh? but you could have been given the option of saying sure, but my sisters kids wont be here....or something ya know. im sorry your in a situation like that.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my mom use to take care of the grandbabies (only 5 back then) but when she got sick then passed away i took over. so i never asked for money. but when i tell them i'm taking the babies somewhere where they charge, they send money with them. but no i dont get paid. and yeah if she had asked i would have said yes. but it's just the thought of her asking that would have been nice.
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• For a child you don't know, yes, she should have asked you. They are assuming you are going to watch them, and if you don't put a stop to it, they will continue to do so. Why did it start in the first place?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• there was time that my brother and sisters would drop off the kids at first it was only two days a week then they start adding more day
    when my dad found out they where not paying he put stop to it i was just a kid ,but you are adult it time you tell either they pay you or you will go to cca . good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It depends... if you already KNEW that she had her step-daughter and you always watch ALL of the kids... then no, I think her text reminding you that step-daughter would be there tomorrow is fine.

If you didn't know that she had her step-daughter or you don't watch ALL the kids, then asking would have been more appropriate...

Either way... unless you want to make step-daughter feel excluded from your family I would just let it go.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You're totally being taken advantage of. I'm so sorry! The next time you talk to her just ask her if she can give you a heads up, at least a day ahead before bringing another child over. Just say "Hey, next time you bring someone extra, would you mind giving me a heads up at least a day before? that would be awesome"

that does not even sound rude. You have to let her know, or she'll just keep doing it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010