for all you bf moms who put down ff moms....ff moms do you agree

i was reading a book on babies health and it said that breastfeeding is a beautiful, natural, and wonderful way to feed your baby however it requires a certain level of motivation from the mother that some women just don't have and that those women should NEVER be made to feel guilty or ashamed for not breastfeeding. this was in an infant health book. so bf moms stop putting down ff moms. ff moms do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "They SHOULD feel guilty."

How is it that people who push most for breastfeeding are the most cruel and inhumane people alive?! All this talk about doing bad things for the baby out of selfishness, yet all these bf-ing Nazi's can do is be cruel and unjust toward women solely because of their choice in parenting! Unbelievable! Here's a thought... instead of coming on so strong and telling women they are terrible human beings for the choices they've made, why don't you choose to be kind, loving, understanding and compassionate? Or is that just too much to ask?

I'm sure the majority of bf-ing mothers who criticize others for their choices tend to make some very bad decisions regarding their children as well. We all do, it's a part of being a parent. You cannot go for 18+ years and never, EVER make a poor decision when it comes to your kids. It's impossible.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree, as long as mom is feeding the baby we shouldn't be arguing over if it's breastmilk or formula!

I breastfed all mine until they self weaned at about 6 months (and honestly I was thankful because I couldn't stand the thought of nursing with teeth! LOL)

There are advantages to both.

my 2 youngest both had to supplement with formula because they just weren't gaining weight on breastmilk alone.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well, I bf for 3 months before my milk completely diminished despite a ton of effort. I felt guilty myself for a while, but then I realized that not only was it my fault, but that my son would/will be fine. He's very healthy, intelligent, and at a perfect weight. I definitely agree that FF mom shouldn't be put down. BF are no better than us as mothers, and I hate when someone BF moms think they are. However, there are also a lot that are very understanding and don't judge.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The real thing may always be better, but there is never, EVER any reason to humiliate and make a woman feel ashamed for formula feeding. We all do what we feel is best for our situations, and none of us knows what other women have gone through to reach their own personal choices. To tell a woman that she should be ashamed for formula feeding is cruel.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• All I'm going to say is shut up while you're ahead. Unless you know every FF mom's story, don't go assuming that we are all lazy and stupid. We don't ALL have a CHOICE in the matter. Go drain your titties and leave us the fuck alone.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Wow, some dumbass voted me down for saying it's cruel to tell mothers they should be ashamed? What a bitch...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have a better word for you... actually, I have a few very choice words for you. Bitch doesn't even begin to cover it.

Why vote me down just because I said it was cruel for women to make other mothers feel ashamed? What a stupid, petty little c*** you are. YOU should be ashamed for being such a cruel and hateful person. Your way is the the WORST way to get information out about the benefits of breastfeeding. You are doing far more harm than good for the cause for breastfeeding over formula feeding.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't think any woman who provides a safe, warm, loving environment/shelter, clothing, and food for their child should ever be ashamed of what they are doing. Which woman should be more ashamed... one who drinks and does drugs yet breastfeeds, or one who formula feeds yet provides a caring, nurturing home for their baby? Think about it...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Breastfeeding has lifelong health consequences for the mother and the baby. We all pay for formula feeding now and in the future. Formula feeding is bad for families, business, society, and the environment. Mothers that formula feed deprive their baby of their birthright (this was one of the US government's health messages). Leave ff mothers alone, NEVER."

Wow. Just wow. So, because I had zero milk after 3 months, my son is being deprived? Ha! You could never tell my son from a bunch of babies who are breastfed. A lot more goes into a child's health and well-being than just what they eat. Leave them alone never? Why is it any of your business what they do?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I feel sorry for the mothers on here that are so angry with themselves that they have to resort to putting down other mothers to make themselves feel better. I hope you can find a way to forgive yourselves and the REAL person that pissed in your Cheerios and find peace in your lives. They are making formula VERY similar to breast milk. As for wet nurses, I'm sorry, but I'm just not comfortable with my baby having contact with a stranger's body part and bodily fluid. I'll take a "can" over that any day.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2010