really weird question

...my daughter, who is 1, is obsessed with nipples. she tries to touch her dad's and if i have my bra on, she like tries to go under it to touch mine. is that normal? i breastfed, but that stopped at 4 months so i'm confused. we tell her no and redirect her attention, but she doesn't stop lol this is so weird.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• HAHAHAHA! awesome. i thought only my daughter is weird like that. :D

in the summer, my dad was in the backyard with our daughter. their were playing and he didnt wear a shirt because it was so damn humid ect. Well out of the blue my daughter started to play with his nipples. Well she actually pinched them. lol

My dad told her that those are not the radio buttons. She also tried to play with my nipples once and her daddys. I think it was just a phase. She stopped doing it after a couple weeks.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My 1 year old daughter does the same thing ....actually both of mine have done it. My youngest who I am now weaning started even trying to latch on to my husband. It use to freak him right out. See ...we are the ones who put the "sexual" aspect on it ....to them its just another part of mommy or daddy. Its completely normal. Dont worry she will grow out of it. .I just redirect their attention and dont make a deal about it because then it will become a game. Ohhh look I got mommy/daddys attention when I did that. If you just brush it off like nothing ....then she will eventually stop.
    MNJVBanks

Answer by MNJVBanks at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Trust me its normal! I nursed my son till he was 13 months old and he has always touched my husbands and mine nipples lol. There just interested that all. My son is now 21 months old and when I dont have a shirt on he likes to touch and lay up against my breast. Its a comfort thing for him though.
    Anonymous

• I thought my son was the only one ! im glad hes not hes 12 mnths and i didnt even breast feed but when he catches them OMG! the pain hes just curious i think. Dont worry your DD will grow out of it
    amaresmommy

Answer by amaresmommy at 2:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• its normal curiosity to them its just a bump dont panic.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 3:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree it's normal and don't make a big deal out of it. Don't worry ... she'll move on to other assorted weirdness - like kissing your bare butt if she can catch it.
    Anonymous