Do you and your husband/significant other work opposite schedules?

How's it working for you? What do you like, or not like about it?

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 1:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I work days, and he works nights. It sucks because I hate sleeping alone! He only gets one night off a week, so we barely have time to do anything together. I feel like we never see each other anymore, but he's making decent money so we try to make it work out. Our relationship is strong so we are doing okay! I can't wait until he gets a day time job though!
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 12:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well I'm SAHM but always looking for work at home jobs to help supplement. Prior to baby number 2, I was working full time as was hubby. We had one child that was cared for by grandparents while I was at work. I watched the child while hubby was at work. We only saw each other on days off and he and I both had to constantly ask for those days together off from employers. It sucked, but we had plenty of $ left over each month. THen when 2nd baby came I had to resign at my job because I was needed as a full-time Mama so I happily did so. Now hubby has a part-time and full-time job and we barely squeak by, but I'm home with my kids and life is good, we are blessed. We are all healthy and have much more than a lot of families worldwide. We put our hopes, fears, faith and prayers in God.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Not now, but we did at one time in order to avoid our son being in any type of childcare situation. It was horrible and I'm so glad that our financial situation improved quickly and has stayed optimal. I prefer being at home and taking care of my dh and kids! =)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• DH and i worked opposite schedules for 30 years...and it was tough. We never had to have our children in child care but at times I felt like a single parent...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010