Linda McMahon won her primary

Think a wrestling manager could fix the senate?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have not been able to keep up with the candidates around the country ... all that matters to me is whether the candidate announces their commitment to honoring the Constitution (which means not confiscating citizens' rights, as is being done with the Health Care Reform bill and the many spending packages, with the law-breaking bail-outs, being done by the EPA, etc.) ... honoring the Constitution and cutting taxes & cutting spending.

If the candidate commits to doing these things, I don't care if she was a manager of a big wrestling enterprise, of eBay, or of the local bakery.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I know there is a back lash against incumbents, but ....I don't think THIS is the answer

Do you think she can win a general?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well I think she is a wonderful lady. I am not republican as eveyone knows but I would vote for her for just about anything/ Probably not president but anything else I probably would. I remember watching WWF when it was the WWF still with my dad and I always liked her.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• She is a highly intelligent business woman. She is a major reason the WWE is as successful as it is. Her business is legitamate whether it's liked by everyone or not. She's running against a man who lied about being in Viet Nam. I like her chances.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hey soprano mommy...Rob Simmons? Is that who you are talking about? A retired Army Colonel who served 19 months in Vietnam> How did you get your information??? Or is it someone else who lied about beuing in VietNam?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• OOOOOS! Sorry---it was BLUMENTHAL, right? He apologized for leading people to believe he was in Vietnam. But he was in the Reserves.Didn't leave the USA. Kind of like so many politicians .....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Blumenthal is who I was referring to. He was in the reserves but claimed he saw combat. He did apologize however I'm not sure it will sit well with the true Viet Nam vets. We'll see because some voters have a short memory.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010