Anyone have a baby with a G-tube?

What's it like to have one at home? My daughter just got one today and I'm interested in some real life stories.

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 2:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes my son has one. After the first few nights home you will be a pro at dealing with it. It doesn't bother my son at all, he actually was running around and playing the first day home from the hospital. I am constantly telling him "be careful with your tubie" but he doesn't care. It doesn't slow him down a bit! Feel free to PM me with any questions. Are you getting a pump? I highly recommend the zevex infinity. My son has a mic-key button and we even change it ourselves at home. Guess it helps that I'm a nurse, but really my only experience with g tubes was nursing school and then my son getting his.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• well my kids havent had one but when i was growing up my sister had one she didnt like it but i didnt think anything about it then because i was so young
    good luck with everything and God bless
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010