Is anyone prolife that has had an abortion?

I just watched a video a woman made about her abortion at 16. She then almost had an abortion at 23, but the baby miscarried. She had two children in between there and made a prolife video about her experience.

I'm prochoice, just because I've seen and read The Ciderhouse Rules and I know that if you don't allow abortions, people will still try them at home and people will die because of it. I think it's a lot more humane to allow a doctor to preform them. I would never personally get an abortion.

I never considered that someone who is prochioce is so because of past experience with abortion. I guess it makes sense.

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 2:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i had one at 15 parents made me but im prolife now and always will
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I am pro life....never had an abortion and never will!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Is anyone prolife that has had an abortion?

A lot of prolife women are, including the plantiff from RvW
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i've never had one, but i did have a miscarrage. doc still doesn't know why, but i might not beable to have anymore.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

So sorry to hear that. I had one too and they didn't know why...3 months later I was pregnant with my daughter and almost lost her as well. They had to start me on a hormone drug (progesterone) and every time I thought I was safe....I would have some bleeding , it was a very scary time...Its just upsetting when they don't know why ...

Hope you find out you can : )

As for the OP, I am not pro-choice because I want to have or have had an abortion. I just don't want to make that decision for other women

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I believe you can be antiabortion and also be prochoice. Each woman has to make her won decision. I don't understand abortion. I believe every child is a blessing from God and never did have an abortion. That said, the woman who does have an abortion, I am not her and until I walk a mile in her shoes, who am I to judge.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010