Not a serious question, just curious, Is it true that some people manipulate the cafemom system to get their group at the top of the popular groups list?

Apparently some group owners and members reload their group page over and over and over to get it to the top of the list. I wonder which groups are actually popular and which ones are fake at being popular.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have heard of group manipulation. I never heard how it was done, though, just that the group standings are often misleading.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have never heard of that.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It is possible, but it is a TREMENDOUS amount of work. We are talking tens of thousands of page refreshes daily over the last thirty days. More likely the top groups on the popular list are sponsored and advertised, like the kmart and babies groups or they have contests running or are just active with games. If you are looking for a group with lots of posts then you would want to look at the most conversations list, though theoretically it can be gamed as well. The rising stars list is also based on views but it based on an increase in views over the previous week, which means it's getting more activity lately. I think the most friendship groups are best because they are close knit and smallish, so not much drama.

All the active lists can be found under the groups tahb.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I havnt either
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 2:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• that's Groups Tab
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2010