after baby drops

I am almost 35 weeks now with a baby girl. She is very high up, and I know at some point before my 40th week, she will drop. Can anyone say about how long after the baby drops into the birth canal, the labor may start?

holycow

Asked by holycow at 12:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No way to tell. It could be hours later, or weeks later.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yeah, riotgrrl is right. I walked around with what felt like her head between my legs for two weeks and still had to be induced. It sucked! But then again, it could bedays later. Every chick is different. :D
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• your isheous spines are at 0 so anything positive is still high but negative means she is moving down +4is the highest and -4 is crowning this number is measured as station so ask the ob when you are in next but the baby could even drop in the last hours you can also ask for a list of how to induce labor naturally i did and the castor oil worked 6hrs later after taking it there is some risk though but if your not overdue there is no problem
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 1:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My son never dropped until I was ready to push. They thought they'd have to give me a c-section. Everyone is different.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2008