Water next to the bed.

Do you keep a bottle of water or a jug of water next to your bed? I keep a bottle (about 2 quarts) of cold water, chilled all day next to the bed. I get really bad dry mouth with my night time meds. I have always wanted one of those carafes with a cup for a lid. But, plastic Gatoraid Bottles work just fine for me.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 2:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, I don't keep water next to the bed. But just because you posted this in diet and fitness... I'm going to spew out information lol. Cold water actually slows down your metabolism because heat helps chemical reactions happen quicker and the water cools it. So, unless it's actually hot outside, it's best to drink room temp water to help speed up your metabolism.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't, but I think it's a good habit to always have water next to you!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I keep a cup of water next to the bed, but I rarely wake up and drink it, it's mostly just for before I fall asleep and to take my prenatals with!
    SweetiePeasMama

Answer by SweetiePeasMama at 2:46 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thanks, Mom to Elliett. My house temp stays at 68 degrees and my ceiling fan is going full speed. I will keep that cold water tip in mind when I work out at the YMCA. Again, thanks for the information.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• sometimes when u wake up at night because your thirsty is because your body is running low in water
    you should always drink your 8 cup of water a day too
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have a 64 ounce jug of water that I fill each morning. Several times during the day I pour a cup of water and by the time I go to bed the jug is empty. That is how I keep track of the amount I drink.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010