Why am I bleeding so heavy?

I've already had one normal period since giving birth and it was regular. Now my second one has came up almost 3 months after birth and it is EXTREMELY heavy. Why is that? I thought I was normal again. The first day I started it was just a gush all of a sudden. It it normal to do that?

(I put this in pregnancy category because I didn't know what to put it in since it's after pregnancy it's kind of pregnancy related)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• All I can go on is my experience and with both of my children I had simular experiences. It was worse with my 2nd. I nursed both of my children so my periods were few and far between for the first year ...but when I got them ...WOW. I thought I had heavy periods before kids ....Im hoping now that Im weaning my 2nd that my periods will go back to the normal every 28 days and normal flow....we shall see.
    MNJVBanks

Answer by MNJVBanks at 12:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• think of it this way you havent had your period for nine months straight and then you skipped a month of course it will be heavy your body is making up for time lost i go through a pad every hour or so it sucks cant wait to wear tampons lol
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 1:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2008