this is weird....

My cousin lets my grandma watch her baby, since birth, she's 7 mos now
I have a 9mo old
My cousin said that one day my grandma fed her baby a bunch of food, like a whole bottle of formula, 2 teething buscuits and 2 stage 2 jars of food in one sitting. That seems like a lot to me, and this was when she was 6 months, turns out baby got sick later from it all.

How the heck did she consume all of that. I BF and I home make all my sons food and if I am thinking in portions that's a huge amount all at once. My son will reject food once he is full, and always has since we started feeding him solids.

Do FF babies not know when they've had enough or are full? I am trying to figure our how she at all this and was obviously stuffed since she got sick later

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• grandmas are a bit odd like that. they grew up different with different "rules" for feeding. I bet she just kept shoving food in the poor baby's face thinking that the baby should be eating more. The whole idea of baby's stomach size escapes some people...
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm not sure...my son always refused food if he was full.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• One time i had to go out for some reason I forget and was gone 4 hrs. My son was breast fed and I left 2 8 oz bottles in the refrigerator. I told dh he should not need to even finish the first one much less the second one. I fed him before I left. When I came back home dh opened the door, he had vomit matted in his chest hair, the baby was screaming, and he just had this look on his face of pure exhaustion. I asked what happened and he said about a half hr after I left the baby drank the first bottle and then a little after that he cried again and he gave him the second whole bottle (so now we are up to 16 ozs) then he started to cry again and he made him a third bottle of formula at 8 oz. Well as soon as he got done with the 24th oz he vomited everywhere. Duh it has got to come up that is just too much. The baby was only 7 mos. Still to this day if he eats too much he will vomit. Sometimes he just doesn't know he is full.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son was FF and still at 2 years old, just quits eating when full. But I did see an episode of "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition" the other day and the family had a kid that had a rare disease where he never felt full. He could literally eat himself to death, to the point that his stomach would burst. It was called Proder-Willy(sp?) syndrome.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My 6 month old is FF and she just chews on the nipple when shes done or wont eat the baby food off the spoon when she's full. Mayeb some babies just keep eating when theyre full? And the first person was right, grandmas have a different way of doing things and probably kept feeding the baby lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Once they are tasting new things they keep going not realizing they can have more later. At least that's what my pediatrician told me.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 5:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010