What did you find in your new home left by the former tenents.

There is a 1/2 gallon jug of Jack Daniels under the kitchen sink. It was put there by the original owners of this house in 1959. It had a note attached, drink upon paying off mortgage. This house has been owned by several families, and each of them left a note about what to do with the jug. I am afraid to drink it, it could be poison. When I move out, I will also add a note to the bottle and leave it there for the new owner to find, and have a good joke.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 3:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We found a window air conditioning unit in our attic. We have central air so we never used it, our airconditioner went out this year and when we got the unit out, a bunch of nude photos fell out of it.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LMAO thats great! In our old house in az they left a crap load of end tables, coffee tables, chairs and kitchen tables! Im talkin like 3 of each, i kept the ones i liked and sold the other ones! we also found a diamond ring in the backyard in the dirt, it came up when it rained one night!

We are back in mi agian, we moved to an apartment for now till we get settled, we came here with just our clothes......the workers her would find nice shit that people leave and give it to us! I was great for starters, well they gave me a silver ware set that was still wrapped and it had never been opend, i was reading the back of the box and it said 100% pure sliver, made in china 1913! Im sure that is worth alot of money, im pretty sure if they dident think it was junk they would have kept it too LOL
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• in a used car - found a half empty bottle of vodka under the passenger seat! I was pissed! I had been driving around with it! I could have gotten in serious trouble!

my old trailer came with a bunch of candles and left over candle wax from the previous tenant who used it as a candle shop.

my new house came with napkins, plastic flatware, a ceiling fan globe that didn't go with any fan in the house, used paint and other random things in the shed.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• How funny navy wife!
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 3:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Loose pet food in one of the cabinets and a couple of knick knacks, I forget what.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 3:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well in our specific area of the house........nothing other than an old rose crack pipe (former tenants were crackheads, that's why they were kicked out) and some empty baggies. Oh, whenmy SO started remodeling the bedroom, he found an old poster behind the sheetrock advertising the state fair too, turned out his father posted it therea long time ago! The house has been in his family for a very long time!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We found several boxes of bullets in the ceiling of our laundry room when we re-decorated.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• There was nothing to find here it was an empty field when we built our house here but in the former house we lived in in the basement it'slike some had another room down there and they sealed it off never heard why they sealed it off but you could look through the hole and you could see lots of stuff rocking chair, tables all kinds of furniture. I always wanted to knock that wall down and see what kind of antiques were in there
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We found an old air conditioner in the attic crawlspace, and lots of stuff in the yard; marble bench supports, antique gardening tools, 78 RPM records, also a bicycle and a kitchen sink.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• we found thirty cookbooks, the other times we just fond big ass messess we have to clean up!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2010