Is McDonalds sexist? *just for fun*

Isn't it sexist that when you order a happy meal they ask if its for a boy or girl, and give you a toy accordingly? Just something I was thinking about today....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• hahahahah thats funny gosh i never tough bout it that way
    imagine your son sayin no mommy i want the barbie!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hmmm, I never thought of it that way. I had one daughter and one son. When we did purchase happy meals, we got one of each and the kids figured out what they wanted. I think it is good that they do have toys for small children. Good question!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No. I just order the boy toy for my dd who doesn't like girl toys. However they also just ask me barbie or car. However i still wouldn't think it is sexist.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes and no.....most girls like girl toys and most boys like boy toys. well my kids do any how.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Can't really claim they are sexist :) you don't have to order boy toys for boys and girl toys for girls :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thats actually kinda funny..i used to work at mcdonalds about 8 years ago..and we had to say "and did you want the hot wheels? or the barbie?" or whatever the toys were...we were NOT allowed to ask if it was for a boy or a girl..it was apparently a new rule mcdonalds had...but..whenever i take my daughter there, or even if she wasnt there, and i ordered a happy meal for her, they have always asked boy or girl....and honeslty nine times outta 10 she picks th boy one..lol.theyre more fun!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL...Well when they were recently giving out the "unisex" Twilight toys...my 8 year old, asked "why did I get a girl toy?!" It was a locket style bracelet (and I agreed). The funny part is he has mild autism...so I have to admit I love to hear little glimmers of "typical boy" questions and comments!! (He was right...I have never seen a boy wear a locket bracelet before!) :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No, because you can say a girl but she prefers the boy toys.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• no....I see nothing wrong with that. When I was a little girl, I wanted girl stuff. And if a kid doesn't, you just ask for the other kind. But,hey....the Womens' Movement gals will probably get their panties in a bunch anyway....if they haven't already. LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No, if it is then so are a lot of other thing.....like the women's & men's departments in a clothing store.. Besides, most toys are made with a particular gender in their marketing plan. Funny question though!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010