How much is too much??

My husband and I are both 20, and for him his friends are WAY too important to him. I think he hangs out with them too much, but he disagrees. I know every couple is different, but how often should my husband be hanging out with his friends? We cant seem to compromise on this subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• I would say maybe once or twice a week max. Especially if you get to hang out with your friends too on the nights he's not. And don't forget you should also be able to go out together sometimes.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i know what you mean, i told my husband the same thing and he's 31. so it's not a matter of age. to me it's a matter of resepct. the weekend is perfect for hang time. a few hours during the evening is enough, at least in my husband's case it is. except if he has friends that are being deployed or getting out the army and going back to their hometown. i make exception for them. but when you come into my house at 6 the next morning there is where we have the problem
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Yeah. Um. Men don't grow out of that phase until they are out of their 20's. And even then only maybe. It might even get worse once he's over 21 and can drink legally...
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my man hangs out with his friends outside of the house once or twice a week for like 3-4 hours each time and its usually if i have to work an evening shift....but usually his friends just come over the house and hang out with both of us....sometimes it gets to be too much and if we need some alone time i will just tell him
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• just sit him down and tell him that for eery hour he's hanging out with his friends you're gonna hang out wiht yours, without the kids. see how that goes.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I am not sure how much is too much but there is something about the male bonding process that is very important. I had the same issue with my husband and he is 44 years old. Eventually it slows down but until then hang in there and take advantage of your free time every chance you get.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2008