Any military wife out there?

i have a quick question, im going to try and make it short and simple. My husband moved to KY and had to sign a lease without knowing how the area is bc we couldnt get on post housing so needless to say we have been here 4 weeks and 4 breakins and its consistent they spotted some guys but havent been caught they are still breaking in! im scared out my mind and im7 mnths pregnnat. is there anyway the military can get us out of our lease!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a milatary wife an I live in a shitty appartment an I had 2 brake INS and aomeone tryed to steal my car

I asked the same thing and no answer drom the marine coprs
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 3:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Okay, so I'm in the military and living overseas. There is a military clause in our lease, saying that we can break it for deployments and such and I'm sure you had to have one of those in your lease. Ask on base if they can break your lease for you using this clause due to it being unsafe. I'm sure they wouldn't want you living somewhere that's being broken into all the time. They tend to want to keep morale up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• could you not get on post because they told you absolutely no on post housing for you OR was their a long waiting list and you didnt want to wait? if its option one you have more ground to stand on asking for help, if its option twoyou screwed yourself.
    ultimately all they have to do is get you out of leases for deployments,pcs. you signed this lease on your own accord and you cant claim that th emilitary forced you to pick this place so they do not have any legal obligation to help pay the early termination fine and move.in the future, when you do off post housing do your research first..even if your in another country you can find out crime rate, school ratings (if the schools are rated bad, chances are the neighborhood is bad) talk to other military people in that area (a million ways online to find military personnel)do not sign and agree to a place until you do this or your taking a chance and can only blame yourself
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would STRONGLY suggest you go talk to your housing office, and also to the JAG office. There could (stress, could) be ways out of it, but it would take a lot more details and stuff than is able to be done here. However, and please don't take this badly, because it's just meant to help you from getting into this situation at the next duty station - but when you transfer next time, before you sign a lease, first, check with the housing office - a lot of times they will have rentals listed as well, also, you can often contact the police department (non emerg. #) and see what the crime stats are there as compared to the area, etc.

Plus, a lot of times military families don't know this, but you are authorized 10 days of temporary living allowance, so you can say in the Lodge and they will pay you back for that expense, so you can look around before you sign.

GL!!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It's possible. Since there are many places, MANY places that are marked for soldiers to NOT go into. Like certain clubs, certain trailer parks they cannot rent from, certain apartment complexes they can't rent from. So, you may be able to. Go to JAG. You should be able to. The JAG Attorney should be willing to call the landlord for you, to get you out. Either they will let you out, or their place will be red flagged. I think that's the term, red flagged. Go to JAG, I'm pretty sure they can help you. Just bring up those points. About places being red flagged. They are here, at Ft. Bragg. I'm sure there are places there, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010