Why am I having nightmares?

o.k. I been on some new meds for my depression but lately I have been having nightmares and hearing things in this house I live in. I get scared more often at night and it keeps me awake at night. I am writing this cause I thought I heard someone knocking at the door but my nightmare was I remember I left my job and I had my kids with me and I noticed that My son had rashes on hit back dark red almost circle but not quite and I was driving on a road and than I saw a police car and I waved them down to get my kid to the hospital and they said I would have to way a half hour and than I looking down the street cause of the noise I heard I saw two men and I said forget it I am not waiting around for the police I turned around than all of a sudden they were chasing me and my kid that was a weird nightmare and after that is when I heard the know on the door. but no one was there. Is this from my meds?

Emilyrose200809

Asked by Emilyrose200809 at 3:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'd bet money it's the new meds! I lot of depression/anxiety meds can cause bad dreams.

if it's too much for you, talk to your doctor about it.

the meds aren't quite doing the right job for you if they cause you more stress and anxiety with the nightmares.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It is probably the meds call your doc or the pharmacist they should be able to tell you if this is a lasting side effect. It might just need to get into your system and the nightmares may just fade away.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 4:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yeah talk to your doctor. i don't take any of the pills, but when i'm stressed or really worried i had nightmares. i went and got me a dreamcatcher. that helped. have you looked your pills up on line? every med has a web page now. see if you can find it. even if you talk to your doctor, the site might give more info than the doc.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i put a dream catcher in my room to stop my nightmares from happening and has work 7years and no bad dreams
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 6:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• its the meds... they will give you vivid dreams and seeing or hearing things.. i stoped my meds b/c of the vivid dreams.. thank god i didnt experience the seeing and hearing..
    MotherOF5Cuties

Answer by MotherOF5Cuties at 1:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thank you for all your answers. They were all good answers but I have to choose the best answer.
    Emilyrose200809

Comment by Emilyrose200809 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010