How much should you tip for a haircut?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 3:46 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• depends on if i like it...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well, I live in a small town and hair cuts are pretty cheap. Like really, the lady I see now charges me like $10-15 for cut and style. I usually give her $5 and change for tip.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ok say you like it and they charge like $15-16 for the haircut? I know they have to pay rent for their booth and their own stuff so I didnt know if a few dollars was an ok tip, like say you give them a $20 and tell them to keep the change?
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 3:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i give 5 bucks
    but depends
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I tip 20% at the salon.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 3:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my hair cut usually costs about 16 bucks, i give them a 20 and thats it..if i get more done, like streaks or a colour, i leave about a tip of 10 bucks
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• That should be fine. I asked my stylist before. Lol. I asked her what was fair and told her I didn't want to be a cheapskate. She said that much was fine. I mean, it you get something more complicated or something that takes a long time I'd bump up the tip a bit.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I asked the last lady who cut my hair how much people usually tip her and she said $1 or$2. I was kind of surprised by that. I expected it to be around $5. Or maybe she was fibbing and hoping I would feel bad for her and give her a really big tip. lol
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i usually tip them about 20%... if i really like it however, i'll do more. but usually, if the stylist is renting a chair, they pocket all the money given to them. tipping just ensures they give you that extra TLC that most people want.
    Chase_Love

Answer by Chase_Love at 5:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• if they are renting a chair-how is it that they pocket all the money? they have to pay for the spot!
    on the cheap cuts I usually tip 3-5 bucks
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2010