Is my house hunted?

I know its silly, we live in remodled apartment complex that used to be a old folks home! Any way weird stuff has been happening, Like I thought some people were comeing in to my apt and steeling but, my huge jesus picture was litterally taken off my wall and gone also my broom was gone...any way i was cleaning out a closet and i found it in there all the way in the back with a sheet over it, i asked my dh if he did it and he says no. Also last night i thought MAN i could have swore i felt something touch my hair i woke up but dh was asleep. It spooked me i was awake late bc of it! also our balcony door is always shut and locked at night but this morn when i woke up it was wide open along with the screen door and on of my porch chairs was thrown off the balcony, we live 3 floors up! WTF is going on? I aske my dh if he was just tryin to kid me, he says no!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 3:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's about 4 or 5 different spirits in your house. All elderly. One of the men is the thief. He stoled and knocked things over when he was alive. Spirits usually take things and move them in order to get attention. If you reprimand him and tell him to stop taking things, it might let him know that "Yes, I know you're here, but you have to behave". The two women like to take care of your family and one pats your hair. They also tuck the blankets in. They can't hurt you but you might want to ask the Archangel Michael to take them to the Other Side.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Since the energy surrounding an 'old folks home' can be sad and negative, it's probable that the energy remained there after the people passed away. If you were just seeing and hearing 'ghosts' I would say it was a residual haunting and nothing to worry about, but because the energy is strong enough to move objects and actually touch you, I'd say you have an intelligent haunting going on. From what you've said, it doesn't seem to be harmful. I suggest you go from room to room, address the energy and in a nice, calm but firm voice, tell it that this is your home now and explain that they need to move on. Now, sometimes, because the energy doesn't understand that it's 'dead' it may become upset, thinking you are the trespassers and are trying to push them out which may cause the activity to escalate. Sometimes, it will understand and 'move on' and nothing further will happen.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yeaaahhh... I WOULD MOVE OUT OF THERE!!! Scary!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It could be...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Don't watch any of those ghost catcher shows or you will really freak out! And yes, your home might be haunted.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If it's freaking you out or causing you to lose sleep, then I would suggest moving.......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ahhhhhh omg girl i would b outta there hahaha good luck
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If the activity escalates, the only think you can really do is accept it, move or call in someone from the paranormal field to help you.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It looks that way but do not let them run you out, you need only to be afraid of the living not the dead!

Answer by older at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have to ask if it is possible that you had taken down the picture yourself to do some cleaning and placed it in the closet with the sheet over it to protect it? Such as the walls being painted recently? Afterwards you oculd have got caught up in day to day life and simply forgot you had put it away to keep it safe? The sheet over it implies that it was being put away in a manner that would protect it. Does you complex have permission to enter in cases of maintenance when you aren't there?
    As for the chair did you close the door the whole way? Have you had any storms recently or strong winds? That could explain the chair incident.

Now I don't believe in ghosts but that doesn't mean I think you're not justified in your beliefs. I am simply a skeptic so I always look for a logical answer that could have been overlooked before anything else. In either case if you do have a ghost it doesn't sound malicious.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2010