is it wrong for me to take the money anyways?

I am the one that does the bills/budget etc. He is the spender, I'm the cheap one and when he tried to be the money manager, he sank our accounts. I do not spend money on myself often, my expense is college. I have to buy books each new term and remaining 20% of tuition(i get 80% paid for roughly) I try to make this $ online, but that is not easy when I balance fulltime school/housework/taking care of kid/online working.. If I took $30 a paycheck and put it aside,it would help a lot and he would most likely never notice.He is not keen on helping my college financially,its always a fight when I try to talk about it. Is it wrong if I start taking $30-$40 every paycheck and setting it aside without telling him to help soften that 20% and books?I get all A's and have various back up plans for using my degree,so I know this is an investment,but I dont sneak like this..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• is there something he wants or needs? Maybe u could (if financially able to) set aside an additional 20 to put towards that and tell him this as well just to pacify him? Lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think it just makes sense. If he wasted money when he tried to take care of things I'm sure he didn't run his purchases by you first. Besides, you can just tell him you're doing it and why. How can he argue with the facts?
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i would just tell him that is what i plan on doing. one lie leads to another. you don't want to live like that. i don't see why he would be opposed to it. but you know your husband better
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would do it and not care if he knew, its my education! Something that could better us one day!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think it's wrong to not tell him. If he doesn't support your degree, then it's wrong to take money from him without his consent. Are you married?
    I would get a part time job if I was unable to pay for my college and my Dh refused to pay, rather then just having him pay without his knowledge.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010