when potty training...

Starting to potty train my 18 month old. When should I stop giving him something to drink at night so he doesnt soak through, he was doing really really good for awhile, but now all of a sudden he is peeing through his pull up and soaking everything, just yesterday he would wake up dry and in the AM he would go in the potty, not today, he would just cry and cry, and not go but once he was off the potty he would go.

teddybear3163

Asked by teddybear3163 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always have a rule that there are to be no drinks at night unless it's a small glass of water. Even for my oldest daughter. Now with my son who is 3 and still wetting the bed at night, I stopped letting him have anything to drink after 7p for a long while now. Also, night training should wait til after he has mastered the day time training, IMO. Good luck!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 7:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I didn't even start training my son until he was 2.5. He showed all the readiness signs. He was completely trained day and night in 4 days. Never bought a pull-up. If I would have started earlier, it would have drug the process out. I stopped the drinks 2 hours before bedtime about the time he got rid of the bottle and was sippy cup only, so, around 1.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2010