Anyone else ever get depressed because they couldn't tell the gender of your baby in the ultrasounds?

I was so looking forward to finding out the sex of the baby and although the tech tried for ever, the baby just wouldn't cooporate and I left feeling happy that all was well, but disappointed because I didn't know what I was having. Both my girls were surprises (not my choice those times either) and my son was not- I knew from early on that he was a boy and I loved it. I don't have a lot of money and wanted to buy what little I could and it not have to be yellow or green. I actually have sat here and cried because everyone around me that is pregnant knows what they're having and I don't. I know it sounds stupid but I can't help it...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe just try not to dwell on it so much, and possibly stay away from the pregnancy boards so you don't feel so upset. Don't worry, I'm sure you are not alone on this. I remember when I found out I was having a boy, I was so disapointed that I wasn't having a girl. I wanted a girl soooo bad. But that feeling tapered off eventually and now I'm so glad that I was blessed with a boy. Just hang in there, you'll find out soon!
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 8:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I just am always happy when there isn't anything wrong with my babies. I try not to feel down about not knowing the sex yet. It's not the worst thing that can happen, so just look at the good side of this, your baby is HEALTHY! Some mom's would gladly not know the sex and just wish that their sick baby wasn't sick, ya know? Just a thought, maybe instead of buying everything right now, just buy the essentials and then start a savings account so that when you do have your baby and know if it's a boy or girl, you can buy appropriately?
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 7:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I am happy that nothing is wrong, but for some reason- perhaps it's the crazy pregnancy hormones- I feel so damn sad about not knowing what it is. It's sooooooooo stupid but I just can't seem to help it. With my girls, I never felt like this not knowing, so I don't understand why it's bothering me so much this time. It's even like when I'm in my pregnancy groups here at CM and people are all excited telling everyone what they're having I just so angry- yes angry- that they know and I don't. I'm jealous to the point of being ridiculous.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Aingls... I think I will take your advice both about the saving money to buy things later and the staying away from the boards! Thank you...
    IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My sister couldn't find out, and she had 5 ultra sounds due to different problems. Im sure its disheartening when you really WANT to know

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010