Did you panic when any of your kids slept through the night for the first time?

I went to bed about 9:30 last night because I was beat from the previous few days when the baby (almost 5 months old) has been super fussy and waking almost every hour to hour and a half through the night. He is teething and not taking it very well.
Well, last night apparently he woke up and ate for his daddy before he went to bed so he didn't even wake up at all last night for a bottle for me!
First thing I did when I woke up was panic and go make sure he was breathing. Thankfully all was well, lol. Although because mommy touched him it woke him up and he was then STARVING and had to eat right away, lol.

Did you ever have a similar experience where you worried something was wrong because they didn't wake you during the night?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I had the most awful feeling of guilt. I thought that I'd slept through his cries. When he did the same thing the next night, and I was wakeful all night not wanting to miss his cry again, I realized that he must have actually slept all night. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I was THRILLED!!!!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I didn't wake up worried but very surprised and wondering where was I, sort of! Then I realized, wow, he must have slept through the night. Great stuff!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes the first time i went omg lol and ran to her room to check
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My 14 month old started sleeping thru the night at 5 weeks old. Scared the tar out of me. I called my mom thinking something was wrong, as my older child didn't sleep thru the night until he was 4 years old. My mom laughed and said that it can be perfectly normal as my sister and I both started sleeping thru the night at about the same age.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes! i have a baby now that has been sleeping through the night from the very beginning! she naps very well too. we are constantly checking on her! my first baby ate every 1 1/2 hours!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes my dd slept through the night right at one month old. I woke up freaking out. I woke my husband up to see if he had gotten up with her and he didn't. So we both ran to her and she was still sound asleep. When she woke up we fed her and I kept an eye on her all day. I stayed awake with her for two nights after that only to realize that she was sleeping through the night already.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Last night my 4 week old slept from 10 pm until 5:30 this morning - at 3, I woke up because i'm used to her waking up and went to check on her to make sure she was still breathing!

Answer by missanc at 9:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Nope. I was estatic when I woke up rested and realized I had slep the whole night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yep, the first time that happened i went to the room and made sure he was still breathing.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010