hormonal or more?

ok after i had my first daughter, i had slight post pardum , but i blame it on the fact that had a baby, my husband had to leave for work a week after, we moved into a new home 2 days after she was born had to wait a week for our furniture to come no cable no connection to outside world(or so how it felt) well anywho i got really depressed not to where i wanted to hurt my child or anything just depressed, well I've noticed I've been feeling a bit depressed lately again and im 6 months pregnant, would it be good to see about getting on meds now and if so do meds truly work? never have been on them before, overall I'm happy just can't seem to shake this down feeling and i hate it!

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 8:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• Just wait until you hit your mid-forties and your hormones go haywire... LOL... left eye twitching... Find things to do that make you smile and laugh... laughter truly is the best medicine... I've started watching Letterman just so my nights end with some giggles!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree hang in there
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Exercise and spending some time outside in the sun can make a HUGE difference. Vitamin D and the various hormones that are released with exercise are great for you and the baby. I've been on ALL kinds of different anti-depressants and I would NOT recommend them at all if they can be avoided. I'd really recommend trying some lifestyle changes first before trying medication. Add a 30 min walk outside daily to your activities for a week or two, see if it helps. It doesn't HAVE to be strenuous to be effective, and can be SO good for you and the baby. Oh, or swimming, which is very low impact and feels so good to get all the pregnancy weight off the body for a little bit (floating). Also, sometimes adding something to help pamper yourself on a regular basis, quiet time for a relaxing bubble bath for example.

Focus on the positive, it will get better! Good luck!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2010