Is Family Guy a show that you mind your teen watching?

I have never seen it as I don't watch much TV (too much trash, not enough time anyway), but I think my teen's (16) bf watches it and would like to watch it when they get together at his house. I have heard it's crude. How bad is it? I have watched the Simpson's movie (all of us saw it, & my son is 12) and it was more silly than crude.

dflygirl7

Asked by dflygirl7 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh it's not that bad! Now some parts CAN be, but then again I see just about as bad of stuff if not worse on movies that are supposed to be "kid friendly". My kids are 3 and 4 1/2 and they watch it now.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The Simpsons movie was pretty mild compared to Family Guy. DH and I watch it all the time. Be careful though. If you are wanting to tell her she can't watch it at his house, she'll probably end up doing it anyways.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think it's fine for a 16 year old, totally.

Under 13, then no, i don't think it's OK. They make some sexual jokes, nothing too bad tho.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Wow...it is definitely not that bad that you need be worried about a 16y/o watching it.

My son has watched it since he was tiny. However, we don't censor anything but porn. He has watched even horror movies since he was born. I would rather he saw or heard something while with me and let me explain and he be armed with knowledge and know what it is and how to deal with it than shelter him and he not be prepared once he is in jr high/high school and kids sit around and discuss it and he learn wrong or think it is ok.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• 3 & 4 are WAAAY to young to watch family guy....

I mean there is an episode where Peter turns gay & wants an 11-some...lol, a 4 year old can't watch that!

There is a clip where peter smokes crack when he quits drinking....

and the episode where Loise sleeps with Bill Clinton & then Peter wants to sleep with Louis's mother for renevge?

And Quagmire? There is so much inappropriate stuff on there! A 4 year old should not be watching family guy!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think to watch family guy they need to be old enough to know about sex and already know about it. And old enough to know not to repeat everything they hear. My son is at the age where he repeats EVERYTHING! :)

Funny thing though when I got prego my dh said we should name him Stewie (our last name is Griffin) Lol
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh and of course we didn't! I thought I should add that :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It is crude. It's vulger. It can be offensive to some people. However, all in all it's pretty harmless.
    It's one of those shows that you have to be willing to laugh at everything to enjoy it.
    I don't particularly care for it. I used to like it, but it got old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It's really hysterical actually. It's nothing worse than they are going to hear in the halls in high school. A 16 year old will love it. They cover every subject, sex, drugs, if it's racy, it's on there. If a 4 year old is watching it, he won't understand it at all. He would just like the fact that it is a cute cartoon.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Up until they know about sex and things, the humor will pass over their heads. If it doesn't, then, they are old enough for the talk or should have had it already. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010