How can i convince my idiot husband to stop talking on the cell phone while he is driving?

My husband is always calling his mother when he goes home from work. and she is always full of drama. I told him i do not want him to call that drama queen when he is driving. he got mad and said he is an adult if he want to talk on the cell while he driving; he will. what a jackass. let him kill himself; i do not give a crap anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lol turn him in. One ticket and he'll stop doing it.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Too bad you couldn't convince her that its gonna kill her venting box. It'd be really funny if she blew an airhorn in his ear! That'd convince me to get off since I couldn't hear anyways!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree let him get a ticket
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Maybe you could find a few videos on the internet that show the dangers and consequences of talking on the phone while driving. Some people just can't see the dangers of it until they witness them first hand.

Good luck, I hope you convince him of the dangers before he kills himself or someone else.
    PinkLillies

Answer by PinkLillies at 8:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hmm get him blue tooth? My husband has that in his new car and it is all hands free voice dialed and answered.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Where I live he would get a very stiff ticket. Maybe he should watch some videos on people who have been killed because someone was talking on the phone. That or get him a car with a manual transmission and see how truly coordinated he is.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Get him a bluetooth.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It actually sounds like his mother is lonely and wants her son around more (I could be wrong). If she lives close, have her over once or twice a week maybe there would be less drama. Why don't you call her one day when you know your DH is coming home so he can't talk with her on his drive and when he walks in say something like, "Look who is here. Honey, I'm talking with your mom. Want to say hi"? I don't know that you will ever stop him from calling his mom on the way home, but maybe in a round about way you can calm her down. Remember, this is DH's mother and no matter how you feel about her, she deserves a cerrtain amount of respect.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Get him to watch this episode of oprah

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Watch-the-Full-Hour-Americas-New-Deadly-Obsession-Video
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• it's about texting, but it gets the point across
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010