Proof that times are changing???

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20007144-503544.html

Is the tide about to change, or has it already?

Asked by older at 8:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Hopefully, eventually, the majority won't see anything wrong with gay marriage- and we can all live like we're meant to- how we want! America is so behind on so many things- gay marriage, health care, education. We're so afraid to do things like Europe has, or even Canada. Maybe we'll stop being so afraid of change and embrace the good things other countries are doing.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think the tide has momentum but we're not out of the woods quite yet. Certainly an exciting time.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Older, I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. Times are always changing, that doesn't mean they change for the better.

IMO, the SCOTUS won't take up the case and if they do they will kick it back to the states. I can't believe anyone thinks they will overturn the voter created laws in more than 30 states, especially when those laws simply define a word.

There are other options available if rights are what is really wanted. As long as the push is for "acceptance" and the word "marriage" it won't happen though. That is kind of sad, because there are gays that simply want rights and don't want to interfere with faith, just as there are the faithful that have no problems with rights.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Actually, it does matter what God thinks! not to law. The entire crux of the matter- the law- leave religion out the equation, because the official governing bodies have and will. The religious right inserted themselves in the middle of another group's civil rights. The law said, "No way."

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree time is changing
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Delilah, I can't believe you think that I am "afraid" of something like this. I fear very little and those fears tend to revolve around the safety/health of my family. LOL! You really are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Whether you believe it is a sin or not is of no consequence to me, that is a matter for you and God at a later date.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yourspecial, you pretty much got to the heart of it. The word marriage is what is touted as the issue, but acceptance is really what it is all about.

No one can legislate 'acceptance', and legalizing gay marriage will never make anyone accept what they believe is wrong.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• OK I know I am a hoot to you but the fact is you are full of hate and it sickens me. Also it does not matter to the entire world what god thinks or YOUR god. It should not be in my laws, it should not be in my schools, it should not HAVE to be in my home!OH and I do belive in A god not YOUR god and actually a series of gods and goddess'. I have a very strong faith thank you, with loving deities who do not tell me or my friends we are wrong for love.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Farm, you can not accept love? THAT is sad! If that is how your god would want me to act I am sooo glad I do not belive in such a hateful deity!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• your special, are you going to dictate to churches that DON'T have a problem with marriage that they CAN'T perform marriage ceremonies for gay couples?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010